Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) is a set of procedures entered into outside of the traditional litigation process in an attempt to resolve a dispute. Mediation is the most frequently used form of ADR. Mediation is a process in which the parties agree to appoint a neutral third party to help them resolve their conflict. One the greatest benefits of mediation is that the parties have more control over the outcome than litigation. Mediation is also more time and cost effective to resolve disputes. 

  Mediation Services

  Commission of Documents

Effective July 1, 2013 all licensed paralegals are qualified as Commissioner of Oaths. As a paralegal, I am able to receive Oaths from deponents - person swearing or affirming an Affidavit as true- and commission Affidavits. For all your commissioning needs contact my office and often the commissioning services will be provided the same day.

Licensed paralegals are authorized to act as representatives in most legal matters that are heard by adjudicators within the many hundreds of government agencies, boards, commissions or appeal tribunals in Ontario. My services in this area include but are not limited to drafting forms, serving documents and effective representation at hearings.

  Administrative Tribunals

The Landlord and Tenant Boards' role is to resolve disputes between most residential landlords and tenants. This Board administers the Residential Tenancies Act. This Act governs most residential rental units in Ontario.

  Landlord and Tenant Board

The Ontario Court of Justice hears virtually all provincial offence matters as well as offences against municipal by-laws. Examples of such cases include: Highway Traffic Act charges such as speeding, Municipal by-law charges relating to excessive noise, animal control, or garbage disposal, and charges laid under provincial legislation such as the Environmental Protection Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act or the trespass Property Act.

 Provincial Offences Matters

In Ontario, Small Claims Court is a division of the Superior Court of Justice. It is a civil trial court that can handle any action for the payment of money or the recovery of possession of personal property where the amount claimed does not exceed $25,000.00 excluding interest and costs such as court fees. This include the value of all goods that the plaintiff is asking for in total, no matter how many defendants there are.

 Small Claims Court Litigation

The Law Society Of Upper Canada &

The Ontario Paralegal Association 

 Professional Affiliations: